Schneider Excavating, Inc. got it's start in 1932 when William Schneider was contracted to haul decorative rock to the site of the 1933-1934 Chicago Worlds Fair for rock gardens and waterfalls.
By 1947 William's son Edward had taken over the full operations and the company grew to include 4 gravel pits and many custom crushing contracts, along with excavating and demolition. Edward Schneider unionized the company during this period and began work on public roads such as the Route 20 bypass of Elgin and the embankment for the Fox River Bridge.
In 1960, Edward's son-in-law Jack Hayes took over the excavating side of the operation. He incorporated the business and brought the company into the modern era. With the start of computers came estimating software, laser engineering, and machine control.
Fast Forward to today, Schneider Excavating, Inc. continues to be committed to excellent service and project communication in the fields of Earthwork, Excavating, Sewer & Water, and Demolition. Under the direction of Steve Hayes, the company continues to service the area of Fox River Valley which towns include but are not limited to:
Elgin, Dundee, Crystal Lake, Algonquin, Huntley, Hamshire, DeKalb, Sycamore, St.Charles, Geneva, Batavia, Aurora, Elk
Grove, Wheeling, Lake Barrington, & more.
Contact us today for a project in your area!